Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Vipassana Meditation Retreat - Second Day Account


Second day:

Morning sitting and walking meditation did not encounter any sleepiness

But things are not permanent. Pain started to come during the sitting meditation. Cannot sit in half lotus position more than 10 minutes. That's trouble me and I reported it to Sayadaw during the interview session

However, I tried to use the Burmese style sitting meditation position learned from Sis Gavesini's class and guess what, there is no intense pain at my back and I can sit for an hour without that intense pain bothering me. Sitting meditation styles can be seen in this site.
I was not that sleepy in the second day but unfortunately, Amy had to work on Monday so we left the centre after the Dhamma talk.

Maybe, the next retreat, we will try for three days.

No comments: